Saturday, June 23, 2007

More Site News

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

As always here at The Comic Rack (I say that like I have a full staff...) I am doing everything I can to make this site better. It seems some people are noticing, and for that I am thankful.

A few of the new things that have popped on The Comic Rack lately are:

  • Of all the features I am most proud of are the new tabs in the header. This kinda stuff is way above my head, so the fact they are there is amazing. Now use them! Each tab is related to a post tag, exactly the same as the featured posts widgets on the sidebar, which will be going away soon. Credit for the tabs goes to hoctro.blogspot.com so if you have a blog and think you would like the same thing, they have many different styles, and with a smidgen of CSS knowledge you can personalize it to your site.

    I am going to be rearranging the tags I have already put on posts to make it easier for people to find what they want. For instance "Videos" is going to be a major tag hopefully by the end of the day. If you have any suggestions for tags based on the content I already have, drop me a line.

  • On the top sidebar, I have had feed links there for awhile now. But they have all changed. I signed up with Feedburner with is supposed to make it easier for you to manage your feeds and also make my site more compatible with feed aggregators and readers. So please click on the orange icon again, or if you use Yahoo or Newsgator click on that button instead. I will be adding more soon, but I don't ever want it to gt to the point that all you see are a metric asston of buttons on my sidebar and you can't even find the content you want.

  • I still need a guinea pig to try out the email subscription service (not so) far (anymore) down on the sidebar for me, and then let me know how it works for you. First person who emails me and tells me how it works, will get a extra-special Marvel No-Prize!

  • And last but not least, the new wider style of The Comic Rack! Do you like it? What about the new colors? C'mon people, gimme some feedback here! Again, for some stuff that is way over my head, this was a major accomplishment. I had a vague knowledge of HTML and CSS and all those other acronyms, and reworked the Blogger Rounders 2 style to fit my own needs. But does it fit what you as readers want to see ?

I am looking for new ways to make this blog visually better, so don't be surprised if you see more changes along the way, but know that the content will always be the same. I hope you enjoy it, because I know I am.

CG



No comments:



Click the Banner (Get it? Banner... Hulk... nevermind) Hulk vs. Bizarro The Comic Rack webcomic comic book blog


Recent Posts

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License.