OK, got lots of stuff I am going through here, so I am going to update this the rest of the day, give you some good stuff to get you through the weekend. CG
- More Teen Titans movie news, courtesy of IGN:
In a posting at his official blog, Verheiden revealed, "I wish there were an emoticon big enough to express how thrilled I am to be involved in the project! I'm not a fan of super-early spoilers, but I will say the script involves the Nightwing character and will be exploring the Titans at an interesting (and universal) crossroads in their lives."
He later added, "I'm not sure why so many folks are assuming we won't be using the 'top tier' Titans. I'm not ready to list the characters we ARE using (other than Nightwing), but you won't be disappointed. There's also a lot of discussion about possible 'rights issues.' There were internal conversations re: which characters we'll be using, but last time I checked, Time/Warner still owned DC Comics, meaning it's all in the family."
- From NeilGaiman.com, who has been working on a movie adaptation of Stardust:
Got an email from Paramount telling me that Stardust now has a myspace account at and they want lots of friends.
- Went to said myspace page and found a trailer, looks pretty good and stars Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer (yum) and Claire Danes (double yum):
- One more tidbit from NeilGaiman.com:
He is listed in the Dictionary of Literary Biography as one of the top ten living post-modern writers, and is a prolific creator of works of prose, poetry, film, journalism, comics, song lyrics, and drama.Yeah I can see that. Dude is amazing. I have been reading some of the 1602 Marvel series and am even more blown away than when I read Sandman for the first time. Ok enough Gaiman man-love, onto other things.
- From a Newsarama interview with Flash scribe (among other projects) Marc Guggenheim, a few hints as to the future of the Scarlet Speedster and what the future holds for him:
NRAMA: And, um, there’s the matter of a certain issue of Flash shipping next week that’s been generating a lot of buzz…can you offer us any hints as to what will happen?Holy shit, Barry Allen comes back is all I got out of that. Seriously though, sounds huge for the Flash starting with issue #13. It may just get the Flash back on my pull list if they do this right.
MG: Big stuff is coming up. Huge. However, it's been so huge we can't even solicit it outright without spoiling, so there's nothing I can tell you without doing the same. That having been said, some hints about Flash #13:
1) Barry appears. Kinda.
2) The splash page is a homage to a classic Flash-related cover.
3) There are a lot of candles.
4) Bart says, "I. Am. The. Flash!!!!"
5) Inertia gets his comeuppance.
6) Everyone who thinks I've gotten Piper wrong should check this issue out.
7) Bart's relationship with Val takes a major step forward.
8) Bart puts a chokehold on his grandmother. No, really.
- I hope you all enjoy the kickass countdown clock up top. You can get it for your own blog or website at www.incrediblehulk.com.
- From CBR:
SPAWN 2Wow, make sure you follow that Home Media link if you have any interest in online media like magazines or comics. That's how it should be done. Good resolution, easy to use interface, very nice layout and free.
How bad does creator Todd McFarlane want the sequel/reboot to happen? So much that he's willing to put his money where his mouth is, according to an interview at Home Media Magazine (it's a bit of a download, be patient). McFarlane, who's writing the script now, said, "I can make a spooky, suspenseful thriller that will scare the crap out of you."
Probably have a couple more things this afternoon, so check back. Otherwise, have a good weekend, and see you on Monday for lots of comic goodness.