I wasn't planning on posting on the weekend, but my dad's plane is delayed and I had some spare time. So just a couple quick things I found while perusing the blogosphere:
- Interview with DC scribe Dan Jurgens, who is writing the back-up "History of the Multiverse" stories in Countdown, over at The Pulse. Also they have all of their Countdown articles compiled here.
- Comics Alliance has photos of the new Mach 5 from the upcoming Speed Racer movie. Not a Speed Racer fan here, but the car looks awesome.
- DC Comics announced Sept 18, 2007 release of feature length animated Superman movie called "Superman Doomsday". Interesting thing about this is that it will be rated PG-13, which DC seems proud of for some reason. I wouldn't think limited the audience of a cartoon is necessarily a good idea, much less something to crow about on the day you announce it.
- Got an hour to kill? Head over to CBR and read an interesting article on the topic of comic creators "selling out" by selling their properties to Hollywood.
- Scipio at The Absorbascon pointed out yesterday where Jimmy Olsen's superspeed may have come from:
Jimmy Olsen once gained the power of superspeed in "Jimmy Olsen, Speed Demon" (Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen 15, September 1956). Just so you know.If he turns into a turtle or a porcupine next week, we'll have a better idea of What the hell is going on with Jimmy Olsen.